Here are five (actually, more) tech news updates, insights, talks, and more to start your day for Wednesday, January 12, 2022. Sip.
What is in our daily drink?
- Who we serve: Content for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), Information Technology Service Providers (ITSPs), Cyber Security Consultants, Technology Solution Providers (TSPs), System Integrators, VARs, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs), Distributors and any other acronyms for partners that really make us different. SEO.
- Repetition: Every morning work.
- Getting to Barista: Send news, tips and rumors to [email protected].
a. Today’s Technology, Channel President and Partner Program News
1. Mergers and Acquisitions – 60 acquisitions so far: M&A activity in the IT and MSP services provider market remains strong. In fact, .ChannelE2E covered 60 M&A deals – most of them involving MSPs and IT consulting firms – within the first 12 days of 2022…
2. Finance – MSP Data Protection: Bregal Milestone has invested in Redstor, a SaaS data and security administration. The funding amount and its valuation have not been disclosed. Redstor will use the funding to expand US operations. Redstor allows mid-market service providers and channel partners to “discover, manage, and protect customer data across a wide range of environments from a single cloud-based application. The system protects data on-premises, in Kubernetes, and in SaaS applications such as Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Salesforce, and Xero, As Redstor confirms.
3. Finance – Cloud Data Store Security: Eureka It raised $8 million in seed funding led by YL Ventures. Founded by Palo Alto Networks veteran Liat Hayun (CEO), former Vice President of Product Management, and Asaf Weiss (CTO), former Senior Director of Engineering, Eureka “enables security teams to mitigate the risks of data loss and theft in multiple cloud environments by controlling on putting in place all-cloud data security and compliance for their organization,” the company said.
4. MSP – Executive Leadership: Netrix, backed by private equity firm OceanSound Partners, has appointed Infrascale and OVHcloud veteran Russell B. Reader as CEO. Reeder succeeds Rob Dang, who is transitioning to Vice President – where he will focus on strategic acquisitions, product strategy, customer relationship support and key partners. Netrix has been in acquisition mode – buying PSC Group in September 2021, Contegix’s MSP business unit in July 2021, and Prosum’s Microsoft Consulting & Managed Services business unit in December 2020.
5. MSP – Distribution: Brigantia has agreed to distribute Action1 cloud-based software (remote monitoring and management) to MSPs in the UK and Ireland.
6. MSP – Bulk Google Cloud Services: SADA, a top 250 public cloud MSP and Google Cloud partner, has launched SADA Power. Packaged services, says SADA, so far include:
- PowerPlan: Helps companies plan their cloud journey with posts that evaluate, evaluate and provide personalized recommendations for outstanding Google Cloud solutions.
- PowerUp: Helps companies visualize what’s possible and test water with a proof of concept (POC) or sample application.
- PowerOn: Helps companies fully implement their technology solutions. Dedicated experts provide a production-ready foundation designed to meet unique business goals.
- PowerForward: Helps businesses move beyond the status quo, accelerating momentum with managed services and ongoing support designed to drive business growth and improvement.
7. Partnership – MSP and IoT Security for Healthcare: Aspire Technology and CyberMDX partner to protect IoT systems in the healthcare sector.
8. Partnership – Robotic Process Automation (RPA) in Google Cloud: TELUS INTERNATIONAL Collaborates with Automation Anywhere to “Simplify the Delivery and Migration of Automation Solutions on Google Cloud,”
9. Partnership – Palo Alto Networks and Microsoft: Palo Alto Networks has joined the Microsoft 365 Networking Partner Program to provide direct connectivity to Microsoft 365 users through Prisma Access.
10. Partner Program – Security Analytics: Devo Technology, a cloud-native login and security analytics company, has launched the Technology Alliance Partner Program, the latest addition to the Devo Drive Partner Program. The inaugural members include Check Point, Cybereason, Corelight, Cribl, CyCognito and Cyware.
11. Partnership – End User Security: SentryBay, a UK-based cybersecurity software company, and Stratodesk, a provider of end-user computing (EUC) management and operating system software, have signed an alliance partnership. This partnership provides “advanced security options to prevent keyboard logging and screen capture on the operating system layer of Stratodisk, rather than just a session connected to a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI),” the companies said.
12. Data center positioning servicesCyxtera has expanded its on-demand IT infrastructure resources to include OEMs and technology service providers. The company indicated that the main partners are Dell Technologies and PacketFabric.
13. Multi-cloud migration and VMware data protection: RiverMeadow Software Inc. , a company that provides multi-cloud migration software and services, is expanding its portfolio to include Disaster Recovery (DR) platform capability. RiverMeadow said the solution protects VMware vSphere workloads running on premises, in VMware or in any public cloud.
14. Quarterly Results – IT Consulting and Software DevelopmentWipro’s total revenue was $203.1 billion for the quarter ended December 31, 2021 — an increase of 29.6% over the corresponding quarter in 2020. However, the results were slightly below Wall Street expectations and Wipro stock fell about 1.5 percent on earnings news. .
15. Talent – Application Relationship Management: vArmour has appointed Corey Williams as Senior Vice President of Marketing.
16. Research – Small Business Payments and Cryptocurrencies: Nearly a quarter of small businesses in nine countries around the world plan to accept digital currencies as a form of payment in 2022, while 13% of consumers in those countries expect retail stores to start offering crypto payments this year and beyond, according to a survey. By Visa, Reuters reported. Reuters added that a survey of 2,250 small business owners in nine countries including the United States, Brazil, Singapore and Canada indicates that cryptocurrencies may be beginning to shift into the mainstream as a payment method.
B. Channel Partner Summits, MSP Conferences, and Virtual Events Calendar
- Citrix Field Kickoff 2022 (January 18-20, default)
- Dynatrace Perform (February 7-11, Las Vegas)
- NerdioCon 2022 (February 21-23, Cancun, Mexico)
- ThreatLocker Zero Trust World 2022 (February 21-23, Orlando, FL)
- MWC Barcelona 2022 (February 28 – March 3, Barcelona, Spain)
- Full ChannelE2E event calendar
- Add your annual event to our calendar: Submit it here for consideration.